We’re finally taking a look at the Remee lucid dreaming mask that’s been on the market for a year or more now. This is an interesting mask with several features.
Whether you believe that dreams are the result of your thoughts and actions in the waking state, or a representation of your subconscious mind, one thing’s for sure; we all have them, and some more than others.
In recent years, lucid dreaming in particular has increased in popularity, with more people experimenting with lucid dreaming aides in a bid to understand the dream state and the vivid symbolism that it often portrays to us.
One such ludic dreaming aid is the Remee Lucid dreaming mask, which is touted as having the ability to enhance the lucid dreaming state while reducing stress, stimulating the imagination and improving one’s ability to solve every day problems. Read on to find out how Remee works and whether it can work for you or not.
What is the Remee mask?
The Remee Lucid Dreaming mask was created by Duncan Frazier and Steve McGuigan, both New York natives who are also lucid dreaming enthusiasts, and their goal was to create an ideal lucid dreaming mask that fit comfortably and was accessible price wise.
The Remee Lucid Dreaming mask is indeed one of the most affordable lucid dreaming masks on the market right now, and offers a combination of comfortability and functionality, which is at the core of its capabilities.
That said, the Remee Lucid Dreaming mask is not all that it’s cracked up to be on paper, because lucid dreaming as an activity itself, is an incredibly complex activity that differs from one person to the next.
How does the Remee actually work?
Lucid dreaming is based on the premise of remaining conscious throughout your dreams, and the whole point of the Remee Lucid Dreaming mask, as with all dreaming masks, is to alert you the second you slip into the dream state, so that you remain aware as you dream.
It does this by activating patterns of blinking light across your eyes as soon as you enter the Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleeping stage, thus helping you to gain awareness of the fact that you’re now in the dream state.
The trick is, you won’t be able to see the light in the waking world, but will rather perceive it while you’re in the dream state as part of your dream. So for example, if you’re dreaming about being at a restaurant, the plate you’re eating on might start exhibiting flashing lights or the juice or water on your table may start to sparkle.
The lights on the Remee mask are designed to adapt their timing and intensity to your own personal rhythms and tolerances, because light levels that are too bright for one person can be just right for another, you can program the lights on your mask from the Remee website, which is a simple and easy to follow process. Also, the mask is powered by a miniscule coin cell battery, and it’s so lightweight that it’s comfortable to wear regardless of the sleeping position you’re in.
What we liked
- You can customize the lights on the Remee mask to fit with your own personal tolerances to improve your chances of lucidity
- The Remee mask is lightweight and comfortable to wear, regardless of the sleeping position you’re in, thanks to the bendable shell and inner circuits as well as an adjustable strap to fit all head sizes
- It is energy efficient and can run for six months on the included coin cell battery, which is lightweight, inexpensive and replaceable at a starting price of just $1
- The Remee LED lights target your REM cycles, which is when dreams are most likely to occur,
- You can customise the brightness, intensity and patterns of the lights on the Remee mask to coincide with you tolerance levels, using the tools on their online website
What we didn’t like
- For some people, the lights on the Remee mask can struggle to filter through into the dream world which renders it ineffective for them
- Remee uses a bling timer to detect REM sleep, which makes it less efficient than lucid dream aides that use a combination of infrared eye movement sensors and a deferred timer to alert you only when your dreams start showing greater intensity. All the Remee mask does is to wait for your eyeballs to start rolling, then it starts flashing the lights, without taking into consideration the fact that dreams differ in intensity and timing.
- There’s no space on the Remee mask for additional features like Bluetooth or wireless data support
Remee instructions: How to actually use it
It can be confusing to get started, but the way to use it is to program the lights to come on at certain times. A lot can be done through the app but you can also program it on your computer as well and download different settings onto it.
Here are some other uses for the Remee that you might find interesting:
- Re-entering Dreams: The lights on the mask might flash so brightly that they interrupt your sleep cycle altogether. While this might seem like a bad thing on the surface, you can actually work with it to consciously re-enter the dream state and experience lucidity. This type of lucid dreaming technique is known as Wake Induced Lucid Dreams, and it can heighten your overall experience of the lucid dream.
- Recalling Dreams: The high intensity of the Remee mask lights can also help to improve your dream recall, because it is often easier to remember a dream if you wake up in the middle of it rather than afterwards.
- Hypnagogic Play: One of the settings of the Remee lucid dream mask is known as ‘nap mode’ and is designed to have a 10 minute nap delay with 1 to 2 minute signal interval. This setting is meant to take you on a back and forth trip, where you’re first awakened from a meditative semi-sleep state of a nap, the lulled back into it. In between these two states is the possibility to experience remarkably vivid and prolonged hypnagogic hallucinations, which only occur when you’re on the edge between sleeping and waking up. This often leads to very symbolic dreams later, so it’s definitely worth a try, and a high point as an alternative use for the Remee Lucid Dreaming mask.
Contrary to popular belief (which was stimulated by prior promotion and advertising), the Remee Lucid dreaming mask takes time and solid effort in order to deliver the expected results of lucidity, and this is especially so when it comes to novices.
However, it is important to keep in mind here that lucid dreaming is not an overnight thing, and the experience differs from one individual to the next based on their level of sensitivity. So it’s important to keep that in mind in order to curb one’s expectations when purchasing any lucid dreaming aide.
While it may not be a miracle worker, the Remee Lucid Dreaming mask is a solid effort at improving the lucid dreaming mask as a product.
Not only is it lightweight and more comfortable than previous and other current lucid dreaming masks, but it’s available at an accessible price point, and can customise itself to fit your personal light thresholds to better your chances of achieving lucidity.
Remee discounts or coupon codes 2019
There have been various discount coupons online however it seems most of these have now expired. That being said, it’s always worth boomarking this page, because if we ever come across any we’ll instantly post them here! At the moment, the best place to get one is here.