The future of advanced light and sound stimulation is here, and it’s called the Proteus Advanced Light and Sound Stimulation System (what a mouthful!). We’re going to review the Proteus mind machine today, (Last updated January 2022).
This world renowned ‘mind machine’ is known for its ability to induce altered states of consciousness and deepening one’s meditation practice, while you can also use it for simpler benefits like reducing stress, promoting relaxation, accelerating learning and even to access the most sublime states of deep peace and tranquillity. Read on to find out how this fascinating piece of technology works, as well as how you can use it to improve your quality of life.
Oh by the way, if you click here you’ll be taken to the detail page in a new tab so you can sort of follow along and compare notes etc. (You also get a great price as well, if you did want to get one!) I’ve negotiated a big discount for fans of howtolucid.com ONLY and you can get it by following that link. Alright, on with the review!
What is the Proteus machine?
The Proteus is a BiColor mind machine that uses a unique combination of audio-visual stimulus in order to stimulate a range of positive sensations and emotions. It is a hand-made machine that’s built to last for many years, thanks to its abrasion resistant qualities and incredibly impressive power efficiency.
You can use the Proteus to uplift your mood, accelerate learning, kindle your sense of creativity, spark brighter visualisations, and even to access altered states of consciousness. In addition, deeply meditative states that usually take hours to attain can be achieved within minutes when using the Proteus, and it also works great to calm and relax those with hyperactive personalities and/ or stressful professions.
To achieve this, the Proteus comes with a set of precise tools that include a pair of Emerald/ Red GanzFrame Light Glasses with Micro LEDs, plush stereo headphones, a USB adapter cable, stereo audio cable, a handy user’s manual, carry case, complementary software editor, and a useful 2 year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty on the console.
Overall, the Proteus mind machine has helped many people to overcome stress and anxiety in their daily lives, thus improving their sense of wellbeing both mentally and emotionally. It’s been around for decades, and has gone through different versions, with the latest one being its most impressive version yet.
How does the Proteus mind machine work?
The Proteus contains almost 50 programmes and two LED color channels that generate an extremely vibrant and striking color display with up to 4096 perceived colors.
The machine also has AudioStrobe decoding technology that you can utilise to decode a wide range of software applications as well as music CDs, tapping into the inaudible signal inside the music tracks to activate a light show that is in perfect synchronicity with the audio being played.
The Proteus can also be used in conjunction with the ThoughtStream Biofeedback System, which is manufactured by the same Company that makes the Proteus. ThoughtStream provides you with valuable feedback on the effectiveness of the Proteus, thus allowing you to customize and improve your audio-visual experience and better utilize the programs on the latter.
What we liked
- This machine provides great value for money with an unbeatable combination of price vs performance
- It’s simple and easy to operate using the control features on the front panel which allow you to create a customized experience
- It comes with AudioStrobe decoding technology which is able to decode music CDs and software applications for an aesthetically rich audio-visual experience to delight your senses
- Users of the ThoughtStream Biofeedback System can connect it to the Proteus and align the light and sound capabilities to get useful biofeedback that’ll allow them to improve and maximise their sleep and other programs even more
- The Proteus is great at inducing a state of relaxation and calmness, while simultaneously reducing stress and anxiety
- It offers versatile programmes and different modes that can take you from calm serenity to sublime planetary peace meditations
- The Proteus is hand-made and very well built, boasting extremely long lasting durability
- It allows you to enter a deeply meditative state within minutes
What we didn’t like
- While the Proteus is available to just about anyone, the manufacturers warn against using this machine if you’ve got any neurological disorder like epilepsy, as the rapid fluctuations in light can trigger or aggravate such conditions. So the Proteus has some kinks to iron out before it can be made accessible and safe on a wider scale.
Should you get the Proteus?
The Proteus mind machine is an advanced and highly impressive piece of technology that comes with a myriad of benefits.
Users have found it to be highly effective at reducing stress and anxiety, while others use it for more sophisticated applications like accessing altered states of consciousness or to dive deeper in meditation at a fraction of the time that it would take with regular methods. It’s one of the best meditation mind machines on the market (we made a list!)
You can also connect the Proteus to the ThoughtStream Biofeedback System to get valuable data in the form of biofeedback, to inform you of your progress as you use the machine. While it’s not cheap, the Proteus offers great value for money and is very well-made, durable and long lasting. Plus the benefits it offers are second to none when compared with other competitors in the mind machine market.
Long story short, this is a very powerful mind machine for meditation and the Proteus is one of the best models you can actually get. You should be able to get a discount if you go through this link, and you get complete customer support from them as well. It works very well. In my opinion, not as well as the Kasina (Which is also sold in their site, and you can find it through that link) but still very good!