Who we are
This company/website is known as HowToLucid and our website address is: https://howtolucid.com. We also run/manage our YouTube channel, which is called ‘Lucid Dreaming Experience’.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We process and collect various types of data on this website, but none of it is collected for any reason other than to keep in touch with you (in the case of you opting in to our email list) or to ensure the normal loading and functioning of this website (in the case of cookies). The people/organisations that see this data are as follows:
- Google Analytics sees/has access to the basic tracking cookies (anonymized)
- Mailmunch processes things like email opt ins and the plugin uses some cookies (for example to make sure the plugin knows if you’ve opted in or not, and therefore whether to show you the form again or keep it hidden)
- If you buy a product from us, payments are processed through Clickbank, or Digistore24, and certain details are kept as required by law for 5 years for accounting purposes. These are details like name, address, country, date and time of purchase etc. Those third parties may keep/track other data, but they are entirely separate entities from HowToLucid.com. For more information about what they do/track, please see their specific privacy policies.
- AddtoAny social sharing buttons:
- Wordfence Security: A WordPress security plugin, which may sometimes use IPO addresses and cookies in order to make sure that your browser is not trying to exploit our site or content. These cookies are required for the site to function properly.
HowToLucid.com, HowToLucid, and our YouTube channel, ‘Lucid Dreaming Experience’ offers all information, opinions and views for educational and entertainment purposes only. Nothing shared, said or expressed on this site and channel are intended to be medical advice, professional advice, or qualified professional advice in any way. Results from our programs, methods, content and advice are not typical and your results may vary. Results are not guaranteed, and any claims made are for entertainment and educational purposes only.
Results will vary based on individuals, how much effort is put forward, how long a person uses our methods for, and various other factors. Our customers results (shared on our sales pages, blog posts, emails etc), are based on the average of a sample set of course takers. The results may vary from person to person.
Third Party Trademarks Etc
Clickbank, Digistore24, YouTube, Amazon, or any third party mentioned on this page/site is independent of HowToLucid.com, and the above information is for educational purposes only. HowToLucid does not claim any rights on the Logo, Name or Trademarks of any third-party tech/website/partner.
At the moment we don’t have contact forms, but you are able to email us using the contact us page. This gives you the option to send an email from any of your email accounts to us. We will do our best to keep this email private, secure and to reply within 5 days. By just emailing us you will NOT be added to any mailing list or marketing list. If you do wish to be added to our mailing list you are able to give consent and opt in using one of the forms on this website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your analytics data with anyone, or any third party. It is processed with Google Analytics, and by turning off cookies in your browser, you can avoid being tracked through Analytics. The data is anonymised and is only used to get a rough idea of how many people are visiting the website, and what pages they click on.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment (comments are currently turned OFF for howtolucid.com however), the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. We retain your data for the following lengths of time:
- For email addresses if you’ve OPTED IN to an email list, we retain these until you unsubscribe (which can be done by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send)
- For customer information and data on purchases of our products, we retain this data for a period of 5 years or more, as it’s required for accounting purposes. That being said if a customer unsubscribes from an email list after buying, we still respect that and only keep your email address in the form of your receipt of purchase, which we still have to keep.
- Emails you send us we retain usually for 2 years, and then they’re cleaned up and deleted. If you send us an email or get in contact with us, the message and it’s contents will usually be kept for about two years unless you request we remove your data.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
If you would like to ask a question about any of this or make a request to have your data removed, updated or sent to you then please get in touch with us by emailing us at contact @ howtolucid.com
How we protect your data
We use commercially reasonable security measures and practices to protect your data. If you’re a customer, your data is protected by Clickbank or Digistore24. If you’re just a website viewer, your data (mainly cookies) is protected and processed by Google Analytics. Email addresses are held and processed by Aweber.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We have procedures in place to notify authorities and users affected of any data breach within 72 hours. You will be notified by email if a data breach occurs. For this reason make sure that if you’re subscribed to our email list you have set the emails to go to your inbox and not to be filtered to a spam folder or other folder, so that you can see them easily.
Your acceptance of this policy
- Personal details for CUSTOMERS are required to be kept by law
- Analytics and tracking cookies can be disabled by you in your internet browser if you don’t wish for us to use them
- Other cookies are required by certain plugins to make them functional. For example, if you DON’T consent to those cookies you’re not able to (and shouldn’t try to) use the plugins and features on this site such as, Polylang language changer, Quizzes, Dictionary/Dream decoder feature, Social Locker (social sharing buttons to unlock bonus content), Kingsumo Giveaways, and Redirected links.
- Email addresses are only collected if you specifically OPT IN to a list by entering your email in an opt in form on this site and click subscribe, meaning you want to be emailed for marketing or other purposes. Again, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the emails.
How to withdraw consent
You can withdraw consent to us processing your data by emailing us with your request. If you wish to have a copy of your personal data sent to you, you can request this also. There may be a fee involved with sending this to you. We will let you know about this fee and more information if you request it.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.