Every topic has its own list of jargon-related language and key concepts that outsiders simply don’t ‘get’ and this is just as true for oneironauts as it is for other types of practices and interests.
Either way, it’s always refreshing to take a light-hearted look at something as it usually helps us see it with a fresh perspective. We’re getting to the lucid dreaming jokes, hang tight.
Speaking of fresh perspectives…
Author Laura Diamond said that:
“A joke is an epitaph to an emotion.”
This is a very subtle and nuanced way of looking at the potential contained in lucid dreams because it suggests that humour in general (and jokes in particular) can help us uncover untapped emotions.
Emotions hold a tremendous amount of power once they have been successfully unleashed. They also help us get to discover who we are as individuals because how we feel governs every aspect of living and being. It’s like a vicious circle. If you don’t feel well, your immune system becomes depressed and you get a cold. If you get a cold then you become depressed because being ill is a drag (and so on)…
However, the problem is that, due to reasons such as cultural conditioning or parental cues, many of us suppress our feelings and don’t allow them to truly be expressed
Emotional Expression in Healthy and Healing
Various scientific studies conducted over the decades have consistently demonstrated that suppressing our emotions is detrimental to our overall health and wellbeing and can lead to the onset of illness and disease. So how do we counteract this and let our emotions run wild and free?
With laughter of course:
Laughter is the Best Medicine
You can be your very own clown doctor by sitting down in front of a funny film, going to see a stand up comedian or with a good book of jokes. Either way, there’s nothing like a good joke and laughter is truly the best medicine so make yourself a cup of tea, crack open the biscuit tin and enjoy our list of all the best lucid dreaming jokes there are out there.
Best Lucid Dreaming Jokes
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite mode of transportation?
A: A sleeper train.
Q: How many lucid dreamers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. They are all too busy trying to flick the light switch off.
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite game?
A: Oneironauts and crosses.
Q: Why did the lucid dreamer cross the road?
A: To get to “the other side!”
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite rock band?
Q: And what’s their favourite song?
A: Dream a Little Dream of Me
Q: Why did the lucid dreamer go to the bank?
A: To cash a “reality check” (Okay that one’s a bit cringe)
Q: Why did the oneironaunt go to the optician?
A: To get fitted for spectacles that would accommodate his third eye. (Doesn’t that just flow from the tongue so naturally?)
Q: What is a oneironaut’s favourite film?
A: Requiem for a Dream
Q: How does an oneironaunt watch a film?
A: He uses an astral projector
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite film production studio?
Q: What is a oneironaut’s favourite TV show?
A: Projection Runway
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite computer software?
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite kind of jewelry?
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite lullaby?
A: Rock A Bye Baby
Q: What is a oneironaut’s favourite animal?
A: A sloth
Q: What is a lucid dreamer’s favourite inspirational quote?
A: “To sleep, perchance to dream…”
Here are Some Humorous and Uplifting Quotes by Well-Known People on the Nature of Sleep and Dreams:
- “A professor is someone who talks in someone else’s sleep.” – Wystan Auden
- “I never fall asleep easily or comfortably unless I am at a sermon.” – Rabelais
- “Sleep is an excellent way of listening to an opera.” – James Stephens
- “Insomniacs don’t sleep because they worry about it, and they worry about it because they don’t sleep.” -Franklin Adams “He dreamed he was eating shredded wheat and woke up to find the mattress half gone.” – Fred Allen
Here are Some Poetic and Whimsical Quotes about the Nature of Dreams and Sleep
- “Sleep that knits up the ravell’d sleeve of care, The death of each day’s life, sore labour’s bath, Balm of hurt minds, great nature’s second course, Chief nourisher in life’s feast,–“
- “The sleeping and the dead are but as pictures.”
- “O sleep! O gentle sleep! Nature’s soft nurse, how have I frighted thee, That thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down And steep my senses in forgetfulness?”
Miscellaneous lucid dreaming funny things and quotes
- “One should say before sleeping: I have lived many lives. I have been a slave and a prince. Many a beloved has sat upon my knee and I have sat upon the knees of many a beloved. Everything that has been shall be again.” –W.B Yeats
- “Now is a ship, which captain am sails out of sleep… steering for dream.” –E.E Cummings
- “The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you
Don’t go back to sleep!
You must ask for what you really want.
Don’t go back to sleep!
People are going back and forth
across the doorsill where the two worlds touch,
The door is round and open
Don’t go back to sleep!”
- “If your guidance is your ego, don’t rely on luck for help. You sleep during the day and the nights are short. By the time you wake up your life may be over.” –Rumi
And finally a quote that I think that all lucid dreamers can relate to …
“Though we seem to be sleeping, there is an inner wakefulness that directs the dream and will eventually startle us back to the truth of who we are.” –Rumi
Learn how to lucid dream
Let me show you proven methods and techniques to lucid dream that you can apply tonight and see results from within a week or less. No course or technique can give you instant lucid dreams, but I’ll teach you the methods that actually work so you have the best chance. Check out the lucid dreaming bootcamp course here.