Today we’re looking at the David DELIGHT PRO device by MindAlive. MindAlive make mind machines like this and various others.
We’re going to be including the best MindAlive machines in our list of top mind machines so check that out for a COMPARISON sort of article, but for just a review of this device, stick around here.
IMPORTANT: So the David Delight PRO (what a mouthful) is a mind machine, specifically a light and sound brainwave entrainment machine. It looks good, performs well, and you can take it anywhere. Click here now to view the European store, or click HERE to view this product for sale in the USA (Opens in new tabs so you can follow along with the product page and what I’m saying).
How the David Delight works
So for starters, the device uses all sorts of actual audio and brainwave entrainment. It uses binaural beats, monaural, and isochronic tones. I’ve spoken before about how EACH of these has it’s place in your brainwave entrainment ‘toolbox’ so it’s lovely to see a device utilising all of them.
So it can play binaural beats or other audio entrainment at the same time as showing you visual feedback in the glasses. It can also do cool things like HRV (heart rate variability) so you can focus on lowering your heart rate and maintaining solid healthy breathing.
The idea is that throughout our days we experience changes in our brainwave states as we engage in things that need our attention, we relax, we sleep, and we do various other things. The David Delight device lets you have more control over those states, for example:
If you need to focus on something and pay attention for a prolonged period of time, you can select the right ‘session’ (more on that in a second), strap on the device and within a few minutes your brainwave state will start to change.
Now it must be said that from my experience these things do work so the warning here is to make sure you know what you’re doing and you’re not about to make yourself unusually tired or NOT alert before driving for example. What I’m saying is that because this does work, I wouldn’t suggest using the relaxing sessions to relax during your lunch break, if you’re a DRIVER or operate machinery.
Apart from that though, I’ve had good experiences with mind machines and this is no different. You’ll have the ability to control your brainwaves more and actually decide how you feel and perform.
What are the sessions?
A session in this product is an audio track (or I should say, a brainwave entrainment track because it isn’t JUST audio, it’s also visual stimulus. So a session is another name for a ‘track’ including audio and visual stimulus.
You can load different sessions on the device just like playing a song on an ipod, and each one has a different effect on your brainwaves. You can also download and make your own much like with the Kasina and other top mind machines.
Here’s what you’ll get when you buy the David Delight PRO edition (not the normal edition):
- Tru-Vu Omniscreen Glasses
- High-Quality Headphones
- Carry Case
- 9v Battery
- Carry Case for Eyeset
- 25 premade sessions
- The user friendly device
David Delight review summary
So in short, the David Delight PRO is pretty good, but maybe not as advanced as the Kasina or other devices a bit higher up in terms of budget. That being said if you’re after an affordable, high quality product, the David Delight will delight you.
There are alternatives of course, but this is actually a really good product all on its own. The David Delight also looks a bit nicer than the Kasina and other machines, but just in case you’re interested, here are the top alternatives to the David Delight:
- Kasina: A mid range mind machine with lots of tracks and extras. This is the first mind machine I ever tried, and it’s amazing. Read my full Kasina review here.
- Proteus: A slightly cheaper version of the Kasina but still very effective. Main differences are that this one has less tracks and the screen isn’t as big or high quality. I wrote a review of the Proteus as well if you’re interested.
- David Delight PRO: The best place to get THIS mind machine (that we’ve been talking about)
- Laxman: The Laxman is a great mind device because it can be used on the go. It’s fairly portable! Check out my Laxman review for more information.
- Procyon: A very interesting device that can be easily transported in a bag. It has lots of tracks BUT the screen is quite small. I prefer the Kasina.
- MindLighz by Mindgear: A fairly new mind machine that can be used with your phone. Much cheaper than most other devices but not as high quality
- Limina by Mindplace: This is a brand new mind machine cheaper than most, with ALL the tracks Procyon has plus you can create your OWN binaural beats tracks. Probably the best mind machine on the market right now.