Binaural beats can be AWESOME..
When I first heard about them I didn’t really believe it. A type of soundwave that can CHANGE the way your brain behaves? The soundwave can induce lucid dreams? Make you sleep better? Give you more confidence?
But then I tried them and was blown away. I’ve never looked back. But that’s me. I have been using binaural beats and ‘brainwave entrainment’ for several years to boost my lucid dreams, sleep better, reach deeper levels of meditation and even breath better. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
What are binaural beats?
Simply put, they’re a type of soundwave which can improve certain systems in your brain and make you think in a different way. You can get them to do all kinds of things, and most interestingly, induce lucid dreams. There are thousands of different tpyes of them, and they all work slightly differently from each other.
Some work really well, and some not so well. They all do SOMETHING though and that is ‘alter’ your brainwaves temporarily. Many people know about them and use them daily. Now, I don’t want to go into TOO much detail about how they work, because I already have a post for that. In THIS post I want to explain how you can better use them.
The best way to listen to binaural beats
Let’s get right into it. This is of course assuming you know what they are and how they work. If you don’t, please read the post I linked to above and then come back here.
BY THE WAY: I wrote a very detailed post lately about how to listen to binaural beats for maximum effectiveness, check it out! Okay on with the post:
So binaural beats are awesome and you understand that you need to listen to them with STEREO headphones, right? (This is because the sounds produced are different in each ear, that’s kind of how they work. You need to be able to have the headphones you’re listening through play that different sound in each ear. If you don’t, they won’t work.
You also want to make sure you’re listening to high QUALITY binaural beats, as the ‘free’ ones you can find on YouTube just aren’t good quality most of the time.
- Allow enough time – Depending on the track you’re listening to, you’ll want to set aside enough time to complete the track. This applies more to when you’re using them in the day time. Make sure you’re not going to be disturbed by people and other things. Turn your phone off and leave Facebook logged out. This way you won’t get sidetracked and interrupted.
- Get comfortable – Sit in your favorite chair, put your comfortable slippers on and make sure the room isn’t too warm or cold. This way, you’ll give yourself the best chance for the beats to affect you. They won’t work as well if you’re not sitting comfortably and you haven’t got freedom to move. I like to sit in my trackies and a dressing gown, in a comfortable reclining chair.
The best time to listen to binaural beats
Like I said, think about what you’re trying to get out of it. The beats affect your brain in different ways at different times.
- For lucid dreaming – The best way I’ve found to do this is to combine the binaural beats with a technique known as the wake back to bed method. This involves setting your alarm early and waking up, then going back to bed while listening to the binaural beats. This way, you’re targeting the time of the night when you’re most likely to lucid dream; your REM sleep.
- For meditation – This can be done either first thing in the morning or last thing at night. These are the times I find personally are best to meditate. You can experiment with different types of meditation at different times of the day. I find that listening to binaural beats first thing in the morning makes it very easy to slip into a deeply meditative state because your body is still in that transition stage between being awake and asleep.
- For general focus and awareness – This can be done during the day at potentially any time. If you’re writing an essay for example and you need to focus, try listening to them when you’re about to do some writing or reading.
I find that little things like having in ear headphones instead of normal ones helps a lot. You can find them here. This is because usually in ear headphones block out all background noise and just let you focus on the sound you’re listening to.
Best places to get binaural beats
The best source of bianural beats I’ve found is Ennora. They offer high quality tracks at a great price. The quality as I said is very important because you will feel the most benefit from it. You can also check out the beats from here or here.
Learn how to use binaural beats
If you want to learn more about how to use binaural beats to do incredible things, watch this short video I made. You’ll learn how you can use them more effectively, how to KNOW if the binaural beats you’re using are real or fake, and how to DOUBLE their effectiveness.