Transcendence. Is it the meaning of life? To reach beyond your body, and connect to the unlimited beyond? What if the portal to Eternity is already built into our bodies! Let me introduce you to your pineal gland.
What is the pineal gland?
The pineal gland is a small gland in your body that regulates the production of sleep hormones like melatonin. This is what controls and maintains your sleep/wake cycles, but the pineal gland is also said to be the lost link between the physical world and the spiritual world.
It’s actually shaped like a tiny pine cone (hence the name) and is widely considered the closest humans can get to ‘transcendence’ or achieving their ultimate potential etc.
Activate your Pineal Gland
The difference between Magic and Science, is usually just a couple of years, so I try to stretch my mind a little, and embrace both.
The pineal gland is everything to everyone – for the scientist, it’s the controlling force behind melatonin, which in turn is the responsible adult in charge of sleep, your state of mind, avoiding several diseases, and managing your reproductive hormones.
For the seeker of transcendence, it is the third eye, and the connection point to the spirit world.
Can the pineal gland be inactive or dormant?
The answer is a resounding YES. Like anything else in an organic body, the pineal gland is self-regulating, but it can be damaged, or suppressed.
You’ll quickly notice if yours isn’t firing on all cylinders, because you’ll have trouble sleeping, you may feel down, or depressed, or anxious, and you may have trouble meditating, praying, or mastering lucid dreams and out of body experiences.
You could also have trouble with reproductive hormone levels. These eventually lead to unexplainable lethargy, or a sense of disconnection from your virulent masculine or feminine self.
How to activate the pineal gland
In some ways, fixing your pineal gland, is really about changing your whole life as you’ll soon see.. Engaging your pineal gland is an investment in yourself, and your well-being, and for some of us who have been stuck in corporate jobs, it’s sheer indulgence.
What you need to do is broken down into Light, Nutrition and Practices. So let’s get stuck in.
1: Embrace and master Light
- Revamp your sleeping rituals. About an hour before you’re scheduled to go to bed, switch off all electronic devices, all gadgets with displays like tablets or cell phones, and if you can, switch off electric lights. Go back to soft glow candles, conversation, and settling—down activities with your family.
- Turn your light off at the right times! You should be sleeping between six and nine hours a night. If you have heart palpitations just thinking of a third of your life being lost with your body stuck in sleep limbo, think about the lucid dreaming you’ll be enjoying as your body starts working properly again.
- Cancel that night light! Your body will cease melatonin production if any part of your skin is exposed to light. The darker your room is, the better you’ll sleep, the more melatonin your body will produce, and the healthier you’ll feel.
- Get sunlight during the day. Get up from your desk every hour at least, and get real sunlight on your face. If that means you have to ride the elevator to the top floor or to the pavement, then do it. Also, try waking up with a digital sunrise, trust me this really changes the way you feel about waking up.
2: Optimise your nutrition
- Drink lots of water. Drink fresh, natural water that’s not acidic, isn’t carbonated, and has the lowest metal content you can find. Also look at sodium levels – you want to do a fair amount of research before deciding on a brand (or you could just get a filter!)
- Eat lots of greens (Vegan ideally) Fresh green food, like coriander pesto, chopped lettuce and kale and spinach, basil pesto, all help your body to rid itself of the debris floating around in your system.
- Have a look at cleanses like The Salt Water Flush – usually used as part of a longer program – to optimize the absorption skills of your gut. You really want your gut on your side – after making the right choices on WHAT to eat, your gut has the job of absorbing the right nutrients from that same food. Help it to help you by cleaning it out, and not inundating it with junk food.
- Little meals throughout the day, with a balance of carbs, and protein, is way better for your body than trying to go high protein, or, trying to survive on one or two meals a day. The imbalances in your insulin levels impact serotonin levels. Your pineal gland uses serotonin to make melatonin. You see how long the chain of events can be if you mess with nutrition?
- Up the Morello cherries, rice, oats, pineapple, barley, tomato, orange and banana intake. These foods help your body to make melatonin. Try to cut animal products. No – we’re not just talking beef and chicken, we’re talking all kinds of animal products. Like plant based athletes do. I know you may not want to hear this, but replacing the animal fats and proteins with plant fats and proteins, is arguably the best thing you can do for your body, all the way from your gut, to your veins and joints.
- Take your multi-vitamin (one like this is very effective). There are real calcium, fluoride and magnesium compounds that your body needs, then there are the industrial laboratory versions, which are usually added to your multi-vitamins. Research your brand and make an informed decision.
Pineal gland activation exercises
Here are some useful things you can do to activate your pineal gland. Bear in mind that this might feel strange and be difficult if it’s new for you. The rewards of doing this however, are massive.
- Meditate. Sit down somewhere with a smile on your face, if you haven’t mastered the art of meditation yet. You don’t need to levitate, or go without food for a month to prove that you’ve got it down. You simply work at being present, with all you are, in a single moment. If you do that, you’ve effectively become an eternal being in a temporary space – if you only manage it for a second at a time, you’ve meditated for an eternity. See if you can manage that today still.
- Get yourself regular exercise in happiness. No – please don’t run off and get a gym contract. This is different. Do things that make you happy. Regularly. Get into the habit of looking for new things that make you happy, that you haven’t done before.
- Spend time with three people who inspire you, who have a connectedness with their Higher Self, or their Spirit. Don’t spend time with people who think you should pay them while you spend time with them, or follow a belief system. Your path is a free one.
- Random Acts of Unexpected Kindness. The principle is on every life coach’s website, but – alas – it’s a very real strategy to get out of your own head, and connect with what really matters.
So – is the pineal gland the door to transcendence? Is it the opening of your third eye to catapult you into a world of eternal, unlimited possibility beyond this reality?
If it is, the steps above will get you there faster.
If it isn’t, these steps will defy magic, and bring you to a happier, fonder existence that’s more fun to experience in a scientific manner. Either way? You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
It’s time to wake up.